2.26.2010

BOOKS I READ 2010 - PART I





Not only do I love designing books and their covers, I also like to read them. I am always looking for suggestions of good books so I thought I would share what I have been reading lately and maybe you will find something worth picking up when at your local bookstore or buying the next time you are on Amazon.

I don't plan on writing lengthy reviews about each book that I read (you can read those on other websites) but instead I plan on giving you a brief summary and my personal opinion along with my rating of the book. Enjoy!


A Million Miles in a Thousand Years: What I Learned While Editing My Life
by Donald Miller
Category: Memoir, Spirituality (NF)

This is a relatively fast read but there is a lot to chew on in this book so don't read it too fast. Through tragedy, triumph, sadness and happiness, Donald Miller challenges us to create a better story. This book could make you laugh and it might make you cry but it will make you think about your story.


Bicycle Diaries
by David Byrne
Category: Cycling, Travel, Essay (NF)

Do you like to travel? Do you like bikes? Would you like to travel while using a bike as transportation? If so, you might just like this book. This book is full of information about the cities David travels and the issues those places deal with. He talks about art, politics, environments, faith, music, and most importantly the joy of cycling.


Look Both Ways: Illustrated Essays on the Intersection of Life and Design
by Debbie Millman
Category: Design, Essay (NF)

For some reason I just had a hard time connecting with Debbie and her childhood in this book. Maybe my expectations were too high or maybe this is better for a female reader? If you are interested in design, branding, perceptions and life its a good chance you will find something interesting in these illustrated essays.


Open: An Autobiography
by Andre Agassi
Category: Biography, Sports (NF)

So, I don't even like tennis but this book is one I can't put down. This is a well written and inspiring book about the the ups and downs of life. Something everyone can relate to. This book might just be the best book of the year (it is still early)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails